In the landscaping sector, where once the backhoe ruled, today the skid steer loader and the compact excavator have taken over. These pieces of equipment reduce the amount of labor a job can require. Compact excavators such as the Kubota KX121-3 are highly popular in landscaping and residential construction. As one of the most popular models of compact excavator, the KX121-3 exemplifies the characteristics that make it a solid choice by landscapers in Bellingham.
Characteristics of Compact Excavators
Compact excavators, no matter who manufactures them, have similar characteristics. They are all:
* Smaller than standard excavators
* Favored for their maneuverability in tight and confined spaces
* Easier to transport to out-of-the-way places
* Less damaging to the environment
* Designed to accept a variety of accessories to improve their ability to handle diverse tasks
Overall, compact excavators are called versatile, very maneuverable and very productive. They are also affordable and available as a rental or for purchase. All these aspects make them ideal for many landscaping tasks.
Common Uses in Landscaping
Machine size has always been a critical factor in landscaping. Whether moving materials or installing a water feature, the amount of allotted space for maneuvering has always been a factor in determining equipment choice. Large excavators are too large and bulky to work comfortably within the contained space. As a result, compact excavators such as the Kubota KX121-3 are ideal.
In Bellingham, landscapers employ them in diverse tasks including the following:
* Excavating: They can remove trees and clear landscapes to allow the construction of other design features planned for the site
* Moving and Removing: By using the thumb option, an excavator can grasp objects moving or removing them. Trees can be ripped out and materials shuffled from one place to anotherAdd to favorites