A sump pump is one of those devices that is rarely thought of, but when it is needed, it is really needed. Here are a few tips on choosing a sump pump from sump pump Contractors in Brick.
1. There are both manual, and automatic sump pumps available. Manual pumps are certainly cheaper, but automatic pumps are considerably more convenient. When dealing with a leaking basement or in instance of high flood waters, the last thing someone wants to deal with is having to operate a manual pump. However, if moisture is quite low, a manual pump may be all that is needed to get the job done.
2. The horsepower range of a sump pump is, generally, between 1/4 and 1/3 horsepower. The more powerful the pump, the greater efficiency of the pump to draw the water out. However, again, if the moisture is low, there may be no need for the highest amount of horsepower.
3. Check the cord length. A sump pump should not be plugged into an extension cord under any circumstances. It should always be plugged into a ground fault circuit interrupter outlet. The length of the cord should be more than is thought is needed to allow for unforeseen movement needs.
4. All sump pumps come with a built-in alarm system or notification system. Choose one carefully that will best get your attention. An alarm that goes unnoticed is completely useless.
5. Check the head pressure rating. The head pressure is the height that the sump pump will be able to lift the water. The pump absolutely needs to be able to lift the water out of the sump pit and into the pipe. If the pump cannot do this, it is once again useless.
For more information on buying and choosing the correct sump pump for your needs, Visit Jersey Shore Lawn Sprinkler Inc who are regarded as one of the best sump pump Contractors in Brick. An experienced and licensed company is what is needed to help install and to maintain the sump pump that you end up choosing. They can guide you the entire way.Add to favorites