Posted by KIM KIMBALL
on Sep 29, 2016 in Roofing
| 0 comments
Ideally, the roof of a home should be inspected a couple of times a year to certify no damages have occurred that need to be addressed. If a homeowner has a roof warranty, the warranty will typically insist a roof will not be covered without proper upkeep. Unfortunately, the average homeowner does not know what to look for when it comes to properly carrying out a Roof Inspection Barrington IL. This is why many homeowners prefer relying on the professionals.
A full roof inspection will include these steps:
- The attic will be fully inspected and checked for signs of leaks, mold and mildew, proper insulation, and ventilation. The attic area needs to be fully assessed because it is the most telling area for signs of roof damage.
- The full exterior of the roof will be checked for any signs of shingle damage, water pooling, dips, algae growth, and leaks. Signs of damage to a roof can include cracked shingles, missing shingles, and dips in the roof.
- The chimney structure of a home will be carefully inspected to ensure no repairs need to be made. This is crucial, not only for preventing leaks but also for safety issues that can arise because of a compromised chimney.
- A roof inspector will look for any issues regarding the rakes, eaves, valleys, sidewalls, and dormers. It is crucial proper flashing is in place to safeguard against leaks and structural damage. Flashings are typically one of the first components of roofs to begin showing damage.
- Many roof inspections will also include a thorough check of the gutter and downspout system. If these components are not properly installed or are damaged, a home can begin suffering destruction due to water.
Once the full processes have been carried out for a Roof Inspection Barrington IL, the inspector will give the homeowner a thorough report and help them determine what action to take for any repair issues that are found.
If it is time for your bi-yearly roof inspection, call the professionals at C & R Home Improvements Inc. If you would like further information on the company or the roofing services they provide, Click Here.
Be the first to like.
Add to favorites