nav-left cat-right
cat-right

Things to Do When Arranging Residential Flood Damage Repair in Oshkosh, WI...

Posted by Alex , on Oct, 2019

While all members of the household made it safely through the flood, the same cannot be said for the house. There is a great deal of work to do before the home is habitable again. In order to get the process of residential flood damage repair in Oshkosh, WI underway, it pays to put these tips to good use. Turn Off the Power If the power to the home is still active, the first thing to do is shut off the electricity to the home. The bottom line is that until the current is no longer present, attempting to wade through the water and start checking the home is too dangerous. Have a professional from the power company verify the power is off before making any attempt to enter the premises. Extract the Water While the flood waters have receded, there is still water standing in parts of the house, including the basement. No type of residential flood damage repair in Oshkosh, WI can commence until the water is removed. The best bet is to secure pumps that can extract the excess water and allow the home to begin drying out. Assessing the Damage Depending on the severity of the flood and the materials used in the construction of the home, the degree of damage can range from minor to major. While some damage will be easy to see, it will take an expert to assess what has happened in terms of damage to insulation, carpet padding, and different kinds of wall materials. The goal is to determine if the home can be salvaged or if the best approach would be to tear it down and start from scratch. Assuming the home is not a total loss, it will be possible to start making plans for needed repairs. For help in finding the right team to assess and deal with the flood damage, click here and look over the range of services provided. In the best-case scenario, the extent of the damage will mean the home can be repaired and once again occupied. Even if the project takes some time, the results will be worth the wait. 1 person likes this post. Like...

Hire Professionals For Mold Damage Recovery

Posted by Kim kimball , on Nov, 2015

Mold damage in a home or commercial building is a health hazard. Most people with a mold problem have a water problem. Fix the water problem and eliminate the mold. Areas damaged by water need to be dried in 24 to 48 hours to keep mold from growing. Experts recommend calling a professional company as soon as possible. Professionals know how to dry the home quickly. If the problem is flooding, different concerns develop. Contractors, like Arizona Mold, are familiar with federal guidelines on flood clean-up and mold removal. For instance, if the HVAC system is exposed to flood waters, it needs to be tested for contamination before being used. Unfortunately, if your home is flooded, mold is not the only concern. Residents have to be on the lookout for downed electric lines, deadly bacteria, insects and structural damage. The first major task is removing the water. Professionals use large suction devices to remove water. Further, flood water has to be moved in a special way. It has to be contained in tanks and dumped in special waste sites. Heavy-duty fans and air scrubbers are used to dry and disinfect a structure. However, the experts use moisture meters to check behind walls and under floors to make sure it is dry. A major part of Mold Damage Recovery is looking for hidden mold. Mold likes to hide in walls near pipes, in duct-work and near the roof. Indeed, dead mold can still cause allergy problems. Mold has to be destroyed and removed from the premises. Mold Damage Recovery is a lengthy process but your home will be secure. If mold is found, everything will be moved out. The entire building has to be disinfected including the walls, floors and ceilings. Homeowner’s insurance usually pays for the storage of a family’s belongings. Further, they pick up the cost of keeping the family at a hotel while the clean-up is ongoing. Taking precautions against mold is very important, especially for infants and the elderly. People with existing respiratory problems are at a higher risk for lung issues. Mold can also cause skin irritation and a host of other ailments. Let the professionals secure your home and make it safe again. Be the first to like. Like...

Pin It on Pinterest