nav-left cat-right

What You Should Know About Child Custody in Wichita KS

When a married couple with children separate, the courts have to make a decision about custody of their minor children. In most cases, the courts will accept an agreement made between the parents. It is believed that when parents come together to make decisions, it is in the best interest of their children. Family courts may even give parents some assistance if they need it by ordering mediation services to help them sit down at a table and discuss where the children will primarily live and go to school as well as develop a parenting time schedule for the noncustodial parent.

Parenting time is important when it comes to Child Custody in Wichita KS. While the courts may institute a minimum of parenting time allotment to the noncustodial parent, the arrangement may not be convenient for either family. Because families know their own schedules best, parenting time arrangements are usually more appropriate if the parents can agree on a schedule for their children. When set up properly, the children get to spend a reasonable amount of time with both parents.

Child support is also important when a family separates. This financial payment helps the custodial parent meet the everyday needs of the children. The formula for computing child support is available for all parents and aims to provide children with a similar standard of living as they had when their parents lived in the same household. Both parents are expected to provide for the financial needs of their children.

Over time, the arrangement for Child Custody in Wichita KS may change. The children may get older and decide they want to spend more time or even live with the noncustodial parent. When that happens, it is important for the parent who wants custody of their children to Contact The Law Offices of Kevin M Smith PA right away. If the parents are in agreement about the change in custody, the family court is likely to accept the agreement and make a court order for the other parent to pay child support. If the parents can not agree, an attorney might help their client present their case at a trial.

Be the first to like.

FavoriteLoadingAdd to favorites

The Law Offices of Kevin M. Smith, P.A.

1502 N. Broadway St.
Wichita KS USA 67214
Follow Us:

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This