What Should You Do After a Car Accident in Vandalia OH?

by | Aug 12, 2014 | Lawyers And Law Firms

Studies have shown car accidents happen approximately every six seconds. Because of this high number, chances are, you will be involved in a car accident at some point in your life. This is why it is important you know what steps you need to take after an accident. This will allow you to pursue the responsible party for your injuries, medical bills, lost wages and damages. Many people find it helpful to hire an attorney to help them after a Car Accident in Vandalia OH. This will allow you to know your rights and have them be protected. Visit website for more details.

1. After a car accident, it is imperative you call the police as soon as possible. It is against the law to leave the scene of an accident. When you report an accident to the police, a report is filed. This allows the police to make a ruling on who is responsible for the accident. You may receive a copy of this report after twenty-four hours has passed. This will prove useful in helping your lawyer to prove your injuries.

2. Once you have called the police and a report has been filed, you need to seek medical care. If your injuries are serious, an ambulance should be called to the scene. Otherwise, you can visit the closest emergency room or your own doctor. You will need plenty of medical records, to help prove your injuries and prognosis.

3. Your next stop needs to be to hire a lawyer. Car accident lawyers work on a contingency fee, which means they do not charge you a fee until you win your case. After you have won a settlement, a certain percentage comes out of your winnings, to pay the lawyer fees.

4. Your case may be settled in court or through mediation meetings. You can expect your lawyer to work and gather as much evidence as possible, so you can prove your injuries and your damages. This will allow you to get the compensation you deserve in your case.

If you are in need of legal help after a Car Accident in Vandalia OH, contact Shipman Dixon and Livingston Co. L.P.A. They will be glad to assist you through your case and will work to see you get the compensation you need.

Recent Articles



Similar Posts